A great deal goes into organizing a trip like Pre-Orientation. For instance, here are the things that Sarah and I are working on right now.
- Getting permits.
- Finalizing the budget.
- Requesting funds from ASHMC (Associated Students of Harvey Mudd College- our student government)
- Getting all of the forms up on this website.
- Posting the gear list.
There are a number of things that you, the freshman hoping to attend Pre-O, should be thinking doing as well.
- Filling out an application.
- Filling out your medical history.
- Mailing us your medical history and signed waiver.
- Mailing us a check.
- Physically preparing- if you’re not used to backpacking, or have new boots, you should break in your boots and get used to carrying a backpack.
- Making sure you have all the right gear- check the gear list.